Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jambo's FIRST Relaxing Weekend

   This weekend was a nice quiet weekend for Jambo. I gave him a bath, to get the stinky shelter smell off of him, and though he does NOT like the shower head or the running water in the tub, he will settle for a cup and a bucket of warm water. He got a nice nail trim too, so no more getting stuck in his blanket!!

    The poor guy is getting over his upper respiratory infection, but thankfully he didn't catch it as bad as some cats I've seen. He takes his medicine like a champ, as if he knows that it will help him feel better. I felt bad for his stuffy nose, knowing how miserable he must be all stuffed up. I went out and bought him some saline nose drops, and some Vicks, and steamed up the bathroom. He happily trotted in when called. We got the nose drops in, the Vicks (just a tiny dab) around his nose, and he sat for about an hour in his "sauna". By the end, he was breathing a lot clearer and he showed his appreciation by talking to me for a few minutes and of course, the well known headbutts. :) We repeated this again last night and he really seems to enjoy it. 

    Jambo encountered our house cat Big Boy this weekend.   Big Boy was not thrilled AT ALL that there was another cat in the house, let alone another cat as big as him, and let out his ferocious growl. (comes out more like a ferocious squeak). Jambo could care less. He just sat around watching Big Boy glare at him. He knows that my German Shepherd is respectful of him, and is no longer hissing at her, which I thought was a BIG step.

   He is such a cuddle bug, and just adores having his jowls scratched. I was getting ready for work, and tend to sit on my counter to put on makeup. Trying to be sneaky, (while still making his talking sounds) he crept up on the toilet and sat. Meow! I turn back to the mirror and a second later I feel him sneaking into my lap. First just the front paws. Meow! I say, " well, fine climb right up!" ..... He does. Curls up on my leg like its the window sill. Goofy  :)  He like his hair pet in one direction, where as Big Boy likes it rough lol.  

     I am so proud of this little man, and will be making his neutering appointment soon for him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment